Investment Opportunities Abound in Taos Ski Valley
Approval for development has been given for a Partial Conceptual Plan Approval for 6 Parcels in the Core Village Zone.
This is great news for the entire community of Taos Ski Valley. As the TSV core village moves forward with redevelopment plans, Kachina Mountain Lodge is anticipating breaking ground this late summer. Cabin site #1 is sold, Cabin site #2 has a sale pending, with Cabin sites #3 & #4 currently available for sale. In the final design stages is cabin #2. This wilderness cabin is 1,250 square feet, 2-story with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, rock patio and detached 1-car garage.
Kachina Mountain Lodge
The Kachina Mountain Lodge (KML) project has been thoughtfully master planned with three phases, including first phase development of four Euro-alpine Wilderness Cabins followed by future phase development of a four-unit residential Wilderness Lodge and a unique in-ground sod covered commercial building that feels like part of KML’s landscape garden.
Each wilderness residence possesses a distinct character that welcomes the natural warmth of a sunny south exposure and breathtaking mountain views through generous passive solar curtain wall glass. Architecturally designed to be hand-hewn and sturdy, KML’s authentic euro-alpine wilderness residences contain many sustainability features and the timeless qualities of whimsy, elegance, permanence and fascinating details.
Investors are encourage to inquire about Kachina Mountain Lodge development.
Call to inquire: 505.231.1454 or use the contact form »
Wilderness Residence Architectural Features and Details:
- Private, secure and pristine Alpine Wilderness Location at roads end.
- Master Planned Development set within a beautifully designed high-altitude alpine garden that offers a peaceful stream side ambiance overlooking the Kachina Village Wetland Park.
- Easy Ski-in / Ski-out Access to the base terminal of Taos Ski Valley’s mid-mountain Lift 4.
- Direct Trailhead Access to surrounding Carson National Forest Wheeler Peak Wilderness.
- Timeless sculptural Architecture that blends Euro-Alpine design motifs with world-renowned New Mexico traditions, playfully infused with hints of postmodern influences and beautifully integrated into an intimate fully master planned community.
- Entry Level Vestibule Entrance includes ski storage and a place to take off gear.
- Gracious Master and Guest Suites include large closets, space for a king size bed, sitting areas, outside patios and other special features.
- Luxury Master Baths include features like large vanities, a separate shower, jaccuzi tub and steam sauna.
- Open Living and Dining Area offers hand crafted euro-alpine style built-ins, double bed size window seat with comfortable pillows, powder bath, private patio area and for some residences an optional native rock fireplace.
- Country style Gourmet Kitchen offers rustic hand made cabinets, stone countertops, state of the art energy efficient appliances.
- Passive solar greenhouses are available in most units that can be used for a breakfast nook, or indoor herb garden, indoor spa or indoor patio living space.
- Utility/ laundry closets with full size high-efficiency washer/dryers, wilderness cabin emergency /maintenance kit, storage and easy-to-use computer controlled hydronic space and water heating system.
- Discrete lockable owner storage is thoughtfully located where it is most needed in several locations for each residence.
Wilderness Residence Sustainability Features:
- Careful site planning and sensitive site terracing that minimizes grading and fully embraces the potential of the KML site’s abundant sunny exposure.
- High Performance Passive Solar Design that incorporates thermal mass banks passively heated by expansive south facing windows and attached greenhouses that also provide breathtaking majestic mountain views.
- Advanced hydronic space and domestic hot water heating system primarily sourced from renewable active solar and groundwater geothermal sources.
- State-of-the-art “SolarLogic” integrated hydronic heating system controller with on board computer that optimizes heating system efficiency and comfort. With SolarLogic’s easy-to-use controller, the heating system can be commissioned, optimized for performance, operated and diagnosed for trouble shooting from any computer connected to a local LAN or from any remote location with an internet connection.
- Hand-hewn heavy timbers and wood products sustainably harvested from local dead standing timber sources.
- Environmentally conscious “green” building technologies and construction methods appropriate for our unique wilderness location.
- Locally sourced stone masonry.
- Renewable Solar Electric solutions for lighting and limited back up power in some residences.